Maaan those unintended side-effects

 So I'm at the library, forgot to bring my earpods charged so I can't distract myself listening to podcasts as charge. I've already wasted my time looking into agriculture journals and other things and nobody's replied to me on the chat apps. Either I have to write on this very blog, or find a different way to distract myself somehow from writing. So I convince myself I'm tired and lacking in sleep, and try to take a power nap on top of my laptop.

In what should be a totally unrelated note, homelessness and drug-abusing homeless people are a big issue here in this town. They'll often go to public places and OD, etcetera. There's signs on the toilets here in the library reminding folks that toilets are meant for only pooping and peeing and not like tripping out. Also there's a needle disposal machine there. Just in case.

So I'm napping napping napping, having a great time actually, just seeing something that might resemble a relaxed dream, and the librarian comes over, apologetically wakes me up to confirm I'm alright. Sorry we have to make sure the patrons are alright she says. And not fucking od'ing away, is the subtext. So now I can't nap in the library because of the stupid situation.

Maaan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.