I got a smart-watch but it ain't too smart

 This is supposed to be a joke post, maybe, I dunno, about how I got a smartwatch. It was one of the middle-of-the-pack models, tells the time, takes heartbeat and measures temperature stress, blood oxygen level, what have you. also can control the music apparently but I've not been been able to hack it. I'd want all my devices to be hackable, extendable repairable, that should be the direction literally all the companies should be taking, no matter what your lord emperor king smartest of all the men tells you. It's great for the users, it's great for the environment, and it's great for the companies in that they can sort of sideload their support to community groups and local repair centers. Who it is bad for, possibly but it's not clear it's true yet, is the shareholders for if you can upgrade and repair your iphone over the course of five years, will you really buy three different devices? Etcetera.

In any case, first day of the watch and I have no complaints. Yet. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.