Failed sunrise trip, scuba diver viewing, breakfast, I make and sell salsa, packing up, to the hot springs, deer deer, whacked out, tiring drive to Port Angeles, hungry meal, angry people, latenight home [Sun 19]

Got up early at 6am, it felt like I hadn't slept at night, but I was refreshed and didn't remember anything over night so it's unclear what the hell happened. We went by the beach for the emerald lake, but it was far too cloudy, and the clouds moved away just as the sun was out high in the sky. Ap got hundreds of her photos taken with the doggo and the rest of the gang, with everybody's cameras. We waited for a large group of scuba divers doing a dive into the lake to see a drowned vehicles, waited for an hour for them to complete their pre-dive checkups and dive. So interesting.

Back home we packed up the tents, and Sk and I made breakfast. I cut up the veggies and battered the eggs, Sk cooked the eggs. I also made a very large amount of salsa that people put in their noodles, bread, and eggs. It was quite efficient in its use of leftover veggies from the trip. Ultimately we were pretty much done with most of our veggies.

Packed up the rest of the supplies, got hot chocolate with massive marshmellows. Yum. Cleaned everything up. We drove to the nearby natural spring after driving into the Olympic national park. We saw several deer just chilling and milling about, uncaring for humans. Waited for an hour for our turn in the Springs, and spent an hour-and-half in there.There were three levels of hot springs, we played in all, including the swimming pool. And then got lots of photos taken thanks to Ap. A bought us all the tickets, thanks to all that AW money.

We were all so tired and dried out and refreshed from the Spring. So the drive to Port Angeles was quite dangerous. We found out a place that was amenable to large groups and a doggo, and waited for 30 minutes to get in. While we walked around town taking photos, B and I went to a nearby grocery store to use their restroom. Fantastic restroom, didn't even need to buy anything in there.

Our turn finally came in, we spent 30 minutes ordering, and other 30 minutes waiting for our order. We were knackered, so hungry. We absolutely went at it. My burger was fantastic, the soup I sent around the table. Everybody finished most of their food, Am and Ap's food was left a little bit, but ah whatcha gonna do at a random place in a random town like that. People got angry at the meal not coming on time, but it worked out.

We drove back home very tired, I kept entertaining Sk by telling him random facts. Still it was difficult to stay awake so I had to take control of the playlist. Sk dropped me home and I fell asleep instantly at 11 in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.