Speaking of things that are on-and-off and back on again

 I'm not sure if I've mentioned the anxiety-filled stressful situation that went on for sometime with LZP but this is for general notice that the situation has resolved itself and we are back to being compadres.

The problem was that I found it super weird that we were on a toxic texting cycle where every six months I'd get this angry and heartfelt text, and I'd respond to it immediately, and six months later I'd get yet another response to that, even angrier, long after I'd forgotten about it. And it'd start the whole cycle over and over again me having to figure out what was up why this was happening and what I could do to get out of the awful place I'd found myself in.

So last January I decided to end this and composed a very nice email suggesting that not all interpersonal relationships need to go on forever, that two reasonable and nice and understanding people can have completely different communication styles that are incompatible and perhaps that was the situation between the two of us, and proposed that maybe we de-escalate the situation by not interacting with each other. For ever. A friend-breakup of sorts, because I was getting tired and didn't have the energy or interest for that bullshit.

And I got no response.

Which was a good thing, because responses only open up further interaction. No response meant nothing to react to, no concerns for anything, that it was all over. I was a happy customer, done with the deep spikey hole the two of us had dug ourselves into, and back into the regular woods.

Anyway, nine months after the email was sent I get a response saying that oops maybe there was miscommunication, and misplaced and misdirected anger at one because issues with the person one may have suggested provocations against and things are nice and fine and whatever now because such circumstances don't exist anymore and what the hell maybe we should become friends again because what a stupid thing the whole situation was.

Bleh. Like, whatever.

We're not fully friends yet, but emails have been exchanged and no serious escalation has happened yet, and that's always a good thing.

It appears that we may be back on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.