10 things I'd do at work if I could

  1.  Start a GPU cluster, get my experiments going, and have it available to other folks/teams if they follow my guidelines!

  2. Analyze the IT expenditure of the company and attempt to save the company hundreds or millions of dollars a year so I may get a promotion and double my salary.

  3. A super fun way to do technical interviews, ask candidates to modify an existing large piece of software within a given timeframe. Compilation and all.

  4. Start regular one-on-one conversations between engineers and data scientists so there's higher level of trust and stronger bond between the two functions.

  5. Make offline GPU instances available to engineers who come to work physically, as a reward for coming to office. They may use it for gaming purposes, or experimental work purposes.

  6. Start an initiative with HR where employees select a couple of really cool things from a shopping page, and they're randomly send one piece of gift every few weeks without warning. Becomes more regular if they're working from office, so they're incentivised to come to work.

  7. Blog about the stuff we do at work.

  8. Lead a large group of people who respect me while making a whole lot of money.

  9. Put in minimal effort while getting maximal returns.

  10. Chill, spend most time with near and dear ones, while working when I want to have a good reason to avoid them couple of hours a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.