So I guess a general update for upcoming projects

So, upcoming projects. This is just my more 'sciency' projects and not the house improvement projects.

If i can acquire tofu press I'll look into seriously making tofu and paneer. Probably hard cheese from kefir as well.

And of course kinema (a replacement for natto because too much work) and tempeh are still on the process. And homemade yogurts too but there's only so much yogurt or dairy products a lactose intolerant person can eat in a week.

What I'm excited about is mushroom growing, something that I've failed in the passed once or twice. The mushroom block that gave me 2 lbs of output a month ago I'm trying to get second flush out of. Then the idea is to innoculate a few bags of mushroom grainspawn and then to fruition. And in parallel try a lot of agar culture, first on mushroom then on yeast and other organisms. Mostly I'm just excited about implementing an agar 'protocol' teehee sounds so sciencey.

My workstation is turning into more of a homelab, with the aerator, the temperature sensor and the heating pad. I've ordered a couple of sensors, and if I can get good use out of those, I'll get a bunch of actuators to improve the numbers. I've already got an esp32 but the sensor's not here yet, gonna be fun when it's here and I'm seriously working on that stuff.

Doing plant agar culture would be great too, such easy way to propagate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.