It's clear I'm never gonna do a 9-5 job, according to my wishes. Now what?

As a young man...a younger man...eleven/twelve years ago, I decided something. That I never ever wanted to do a regular 9-5 office day job because it'd be too boring and I wanted to do other things with my life and explore the world.

Turns out I'm living the dream right now. Because my job's not 9-5. It's an office job, yea but the hours are flexible, and even those flexible hours give me a whole tonne of leeway to figure out what i want to do. I have so much goddamn free time, get off work at 1.30 and the rest of the day is mine. TO cook, write, avoid writing, watch tv, walk so much, hang with friends, avoid writing, read, workout, avoid writing, write, and avoid writing more. Also work on my various fermentation and growing projects. So that has been very rewarding.

When I dreamt up this life, the 'setting my own hours' was the goal, and not a means. I didn't know why I'd want to do that, and what would come beyond that. Now that I have things under control, and my dreams have been fulfilled, it's time for me to figure out, what DO I want to do with this free time. What is my actual dream that having control of my time was the means to achieving? Where do my priorities lie? What do I care the most about in life?

Turns out I answered the easy questions early on. Now comes the hard part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.