Seattle is a city for people in transition, mostly

 Kailash is leaving Seattle. Ar(e)'s friend and classmate recently left for LA, SB the singerbro left for NYC, Sb says he'll leave as soon as he gets his gc, SK wants to go to Nepal indefinitely once his gc comes over etc etc etc. It appears that for most of the folks who're in Seattle, settling nearby is not the long-term plan. It's most definitely not for me, but I'm surprised because I knew Boston was a city in transition since people come there for college and grad school and work a couple of years after and once they're ready to settle down with a partner they realize the place is unaffordable and move elsewhere for living properly.Thought Seattle would be different since it's not a college town, rather if it weren't for transplants it's my impression the city is rather undereducated compared to Easy Coast cities.

Anywho, not that I was planning but it doesn't seem too feasible to hang around the area for long term if one's priorities are having friends and family around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.