Are you ready for the giggle loop?

As coupling plays in the background and Jeff talks about the giggle loop -- aah what a classic episode this one -- I'm reminded of an awful giggle loop I found myself many years ago and the awful consequences to myself and a friend as a result of the inappropriate loop.

A friend's grandparent (or grandparents) had passed away and our art teacher Mr. P. Sharma made somebody give a talk stuff remembering them. Except the friend who talked made basic errors in his speech, and I tried to hold my laughter at the implication that the dude's entire family had passed. I held for longer and longer and longer until I burst out laughing so hard, and so did a friend at the most inopportune time when everybody was doing the moment of silence thing. And then the art teacher punished us by making us stand against the wall outside the classroom. Both of us. I cried, so much, unclear why but I did. And also I always got awful behavioral grades at that class, maybe it was due to that one occcasion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.