Apparently coconut oil and coconut water are quite different!

 Something rather foolish happened a couple of weeks ago, the consequences of which are still being felt. It's not a big deal but I want to remind the future me that I made such a decent sized blunder!

AS(y) and I were at Costco, my water kefir grains had arrived and I was looking for bulk coconut water to feed those grains. I was carrying a box around when I found another box half the price of the cheapest water I'd found yet! Considering myself so very smart, I dropped the one I was carrying and picked up the new one.

Well...turns out I bought a cartoon of coconut milk 6-pack and not coconut water. And after I put the grains into the milk, the milk curdled over in a couple of hours. Apparently they're quite very different drinks, the milk is not intended as a chill recreational liquid.

In any case, I was worried about the health of my kefir grains but turns out my grains thrived in the oil, and pretty much doubled over like ten days.

Exciting times ahead, regardless of more boring plot-points being produced by hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.