The best walk I've had in recent memory

On December 31 I had the best walk in recent memory.

So relax, so chilled, so at peace with myself and the world. Went to Interlaken, then down to the lake, towards the islands, crossed to the other side of the islands for the first time ever, over on the canal-side from there, canal banks to the UW bridge, crossed it to get to West Montlake park, the yatch club, and then NOAA quarters, underneath the highway then a bunch of neighborhoods, towards interlaken park through a very steep mountain climb. It was exciting because I'd first discovered Interlaken park way back through this particular segment and had forgotten about it. Now that I have found the route again, something I will put in my back pocket for for changing things up. From Interlaken it was on to Volunteer park and home.

Upsides of this walk were: discovery of new route, seeing exciting new neighborhoods and parks, didn't have to take the same way pack ever, and the canal path is fun. Downside is that there's not insignificant walking on city streets, and the under-highway path is not the most ideal. Plus, perhaps it's only because the route is new to me or what but I lost my bearings for a bit and felt so very lost, it was unclear what way I was headed. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon. But the lack of scenery as much as Arboretum was not great. Still, there's only so many parks to go about I guess, and walking on city streets is fine for a route taken every so often.

The length of the route is about the same as the larger one. Possibly a bit shorter. More to explore here, I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.