Getting to Vegas and exploring the first buffet there!

 We got to Vegas on one of those days, and I skipped going to the Strip because I'd had enough of it: the first time was with ND where we spent four very well-fed and stoned days and the second time with Sb last year on our way back from Colorado when we spent an entire night there without a hotel room. It was one of the most terrible experiences I've ever had and it's changed my impression of the city there. So when we finished our buffet (a low key, inexpensive one) and found a parking lot 20-minute uber ride from the strip, I stayed back in the car and AS went to check out the town. He absolutely loved it, loved the fountain, the lights, people and the glitz. It's always like that for the first time in the city of lights. But soon you see the peeling paints, the pathetic people, the sadness, the extravagant wealth and the inequality and how hard people are trying to have fun, the sort of people who very much can't seem to get one.

The buffet we went to was off-strip, it was pretty cheap, and a little more than twenty bucks, and the offerings reflected that. Not many more options than a college dining, though to be fair the individual offerings were pretty incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.