Production / Industrial sector is the path for Nepal, not the service sector

I was watching this youtube video about a wallet factory owner on youtube, and something he said really caught my attention: that Nepali industry needs to focus more on the production sector, where everybody wants to make money in the service sector even though there's not much value gain to be had yet. The reason is Nepal's relative advantage lies in production and the raw materials are cheaper here, whereas the economy is not educated enough or rich enough to support an expanded service sector. That makes total sense to me. I'll bee keeping an eye out for other production opportunities during my time in Nepal. What a great idea.

The guy with the wallet factory talked about how he was making sales hand-over-feet and having issues meeting demand so he was actually importing wallets from China to meet his supply obligations, which is an insanely good place to be at, particularly in Nepal where everybody thinks there's no production or market opportunities in the country.

This is exciting, really and I hope I could research more into this philosophy, and on how to identify opportunities in the market and optimize for the most profitable products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.