Boat trip around town, snacks for dinner [Mon 6]

 After work we headed down to South Lake Union and got on one of those Argosy boat trip of the locks. The trip began at SLU, where they told us about boat houses, the bridging of the various water bodies of the region, the canals and the locks, and then finally introduced us to the neighborhoods of Fremont, Ballard, and the other one North of the Locks. I should actually explore those neighborhoods and get to know the vibe better, it's like Seattle is a couple of different towns rolled into one, and I'm living in the 'core' one, but it's not enough to know the city well. I'll write a post in the coming weeks, but I need to work harder to figure out this city.

We went down the locks, lost 20 feet, it was an exciting time for me and the parents, all of our first times. Dad was particularly excited because he'd heard and studied about it apparently, but never actually experienced it.

Parents ate and drank a lot from the boat's supplies, I didn't get much. We had a very funny guy leading the tour.

After the tour ended, we chilled for a while, I still had a terrible headache, so we walked home. In the evening we had chiura, bhujia and eggs for dinner, it was so yum, mom thought it wasn't a real meal but it was better than any solid meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.