A plan for elevating my emotional state to match that of the 'open' me

Had a drink on Friday after a long time...the circumstances were such that i had to have one, and then maybe a few more, it was a little planned to. While things didn't perfectly align good times were had. The suffering I had the next day, the headache confusion the nausea..you might call it hangover but I call it hell made me realize maybe it wasn't worth it after all. Particularly in terms of creativity yeah famous writers were famously drunkards and could only drink and write I'm not one of them and any sort of chemical that puts me in a different mental state actually hinders my ability to be creative and follow a set of rules. Disrupts the ways by which I have decided to live my life and turns me into a basic more instinctual person something I'm moving away from because ooo boy are my instincts so bad. The only thing about alcohol that helps me and everyone basically who drinks socially is that it helps me connect with people better allows me to become more vulnerable take more risks a funner person who wants to get to know you and care about you, the sort of person who asks cute women if they're single and for their numbers in their first conversation and tells them why exactly he's interested in them, which wasn't strictly me and I didn't do any of those but I do become a more vivacious person. An advanced meditation technique is to notice when you're in a mental state you like being in, get into a meditative trance to remember all the mental microstates (the variables in your body and brain that have put you in that mindset), come out of the trance, try to remember and visualize what you memorized, a couple more times, and then recreate the state at some future point by going to the trance. For example, if you're excessively happy and want to be happy like that on command, you'd meditate while you're happy, and remember everything how you felt, practice for a bit and when you're feeling not so happy go back in trance remember all those states and with a little bit of work you could be back in that state. I don't care about happiness much because happiness is contention, happiness is the acceptance of the things as they are, contention and peace are stasis and against desire of any kind including the desire for growth. However, what I do want to replicate, the emotion I'd benefit from most, is the state of mind when I'm 'good drunk' the sorts when I can befriend everyone, be vulnerable and open and honest while not being drunk enough to be annoying and irritating and clingy and sad. Be real, you know. Break apart the chains of inhibitions that make me not want to interact not want to open up not trust anyone and not care about people in general. That's my next project...attempt to elevate my emotional-mental state to match that of my drunk self's so there's no need to go through the pain and suffering of the next morning or suffer through the harms of alcohol ingestion. Also alcohol is yucky and you shouldn't need a chemical crutch to interact with people you care or should care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.