And I thought writing blog posts was hard

Remember like last week or so when I complained about how much writing I was doing how it was so sustainable for the length of the pieces I was hoping to maintain and how the plan going onward was to reduce the number of posts per day because it was unsustainable and could lead to a burnout? Well, then I started writing letters and oh dear to they take a long time to write. I haven't written one in many days, like three, four days now because I've been busy and haven't had a stable period to write, but the act of hand-writing letter's reminded me what 'real' writing is, how you need to put thoughts and consideration before actually writing that barfing out words with pen and paper is a hard thing that actually needs a lot of work. So the plan going onward is to keep writing the letters, one a day, to remind myself how good I have it with the blogs. With two more weeks to go, hopefully by the end of this period I'll have a newfound appreciation of writing online, how even the difficult writing exercises aren't hard to master, the real deal is the real physical writing.

They say if you need something to be done, give it to the person who already has a thousand things on their plate. Adding one thing to it won't make them too productive. Productive mindset is like a weird kind of train that just goes faster the more destinations you add to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.