Taking care of my story babies

What am I doing? Everything is so rushed I cannot pay attention to my babies, the story babies and they remain orphaned, one part here another part here, all left to hang lose I don't even bother coming back and ending or moving on with even the exciting plotlines. The stories and plot points will rot and wither away disappearing into nothingness if I don't take care of them. A story is like a plant, you need to water it fertilize it check after it after once a while to make sure it's doing fine sometimes you need to whisper sweet things to it read other stories even to entertain it and make it feel like it's the best goddamn story there is. A story needs to be loved, cared for, cradled and assembled. A story needs to be paid attention to or else it'll get sad mad disappointed just leave never to be back perhaps there's someone else more interested in telling it. A story deserves better than what I've been doing with them lately.

I need to pay more attention to my existing old stories, come back to them every so often see what's up with them and make sure they're properly covered up don't feel uncared for and are liking where they are. If not that then I might as well abandon them give up hope and have them be expressed by other people. If that's the aim then this is going exactly the way it should. Otherwise more effort needs to be put on. Yes, discipline is absolutely fundamentally necessary for writing good stories and novels. However that's not the end of it you also need to put in hard work which means implies one imagines slightly more than what's generally called 'half ass'. Yeah, I need to full-ass if I want my stories to go somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.