Lechmere party fun [Saturday 11]

Got up very very very late there wasn't really getting up actually, because I went to bed so late and I had a terrible headache which could be described as hangover that's too much credit being given to that concept though it was an awful adverse reaction by the body trying to reject a liquid I had willingly ingested. When your body doesn't want or need a poison it generally has mechanisms to let you know to never ingest it again and to reject it. Hangovers are a way our bodies tell us 'yeah nawh bro this is too much get this out get this out we need to get this out of us and please for the love of humanity don't drink this again this is awful for me and you're hurting me' but we never listen to our  bodies. Therefore, I had a terrible almost allergy-like adverse reaction which was not enjoyable, a biological warning actually.

Didn't do any of my regular discipline things because I was too tired demotivated and not feeling it. Also despite spending the whole day trying to force myself to sleep wasn't really a good chance to sleep surprisingly.

In the evening got cleaned up, wrote up a bit (or did I? I don't think so actually, I don't remember to be quite honest), recovered, ate, dressed up nice and dandy, got couple of packets of nice goat cheese, a loaf of baguette from the bakery next door and a packet of Wachusett barbecue chips and took the bus to Lechmere at SD's new place. The busride was almost door-to-door, which was such a pleasant experience, for a change considering what a complicated location we live at.

At the house party (refer to the post published a few posts back), got all the appetizers I'd brought eaten by folks, caught up apologized for the New Year's fiasco to everyone (it was the same group mostly), watched wedding videos for like two hours, people talked about how they first met and got married and their love lives and it was cute and a little bit stressful because this was supposed to be everyone giving me advice. I may have sounded a bit...desperate...and some points but they were entirely accidental. Not the sounding part but being 'seemed' part, because that was totally not what was happening.

After eating amazing desserts of Lady M's cake, a pretty well-made cake, and a Talenti icecream, which was followed by an incredible round of fried rice, achaar and chicken of which I tasted a few small pieces, got a ride home from AD at 1.30AM. This was second night in a row when I'd gotten back home so late, loved how social I've been feeling yoo, goodtimes.

Went to bed pretty soon enough, didn't have the energy to do anything else. It was a solid day socially, not productivity wise though and that could be attributed almost exclusively to the adverse reaction to what I had the night before. I have to find out ways to get in the state of mind, without imbibing the devil's drink so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.