Kindness is a reservoir, fill it up

Think of kindness as a reservoir of emotional energy and courage. Except unlike real matter, saving it does not reduce it from current usage, but you can use your existing reserve. You fill up the reservoir by being nice and kind to other people, regardless of who they are. Do not worry if you'll ever be able to pull from that reservoir -- your understanding of human behaviour and kindness is insufficient for that, take it as a given. And when you're running low, not feeling well and in need of energy, it will come to you through your well-wishers and acquaintances who you have been kind to in the past.

This has worked for me twice in my life remarkably well. The first time it was fifteen years ago when I was particularly kind to someone because they weren't feeling well or at-home. They returned back the kindness many times over several months later when I was in a bad state of mind and they were there to look after me check what was up and offer emotional support and guidance when I needed the most. We're not friends, we didn't keep in touch, but I'll always remove have gratitude for that person from that India trip.

The second memorable time had been in recent days when I gave emotional guidance support and kindness to friends I'd made from all over the world with zero expectations of getting anything in return. More recently when I've needed help support and guidance from neutral third parties who may have a better insight into my circumstances, help and support has been flowing freely. I have my utmost gratitude and reverence even for those people who go out of their ways to help others.

Thank god for other people. Go out to the next orlr and spread peace prosperity and kindness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.