The beginning of sleepytimes [Thursday 16]

Got up late the morning, skipped the workouts because not feeling well due to lack of proper sleep, took the bus to Sullivan and trains to work, because it was raining and I was feeling really tired and spent. Worked out pretty productively, got lots of work done, worked well with coworkers, had lunch at Subway with my manager, those goddamn good sandwiches were such a discovery, also had a hearty oatmeal lunch. Decided that I was going to eat the leftovers and get a nice long nap.

Came back home in the red line, took 89, and walked home. Quickly reheated the leftovers from five spices with rice, ate them, felt comfortable, ignored all the plans for writing, workouts and the checklists, and went to sleep. At 6.30. Got up at 9.30, talked to roommates a bit, and went back to sleep. Really sound, comfortable, finally stabilizing sleep, the sort I haven't had for a long while.

Made me remember a couple of things from the past. To become a good writer, or disciplined person I have to keep three things in order: proper eating habits, proper sleeping habits, and proper workout habits. I was giving the other two attention for the first time in my life, but ignoring the sleeping habits, and suffering as a result. The proper sleep refreshed me quite a bit honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.