Phone-free sleeping

Obvious as it may sound, perhaps the best solution to sleeping peacefully is to go to bed on time, stretch for a couple of minutes before going to bed, keeping the phone faraway from you, and focusing on your breath as you try to fall asleep, to maintain your focus and avoid distraction. Or to distract away from more demanding distracting thoughts that will stop you from going to sleep. Another important point that goes without saying but that I tend to forget quite regularly: drink water at least two hours before going to sleep or else you'll be woken up untimely in the morning with great difficulty in going back to sleep.

In any case sleep problems might be on top in the coming days, as I'll be traveling to the opposite timezone and be busy in a matter of two days. When the sleep cycle's wonky, all other parts of my daily life get screwy. And that means no posting here, no workouts, no staying within bounds for eating habits, no worrying about maintaining order and discipline in life. For like two days it's a lot of fun. Then things get even more stressful because nothing's happening and I'm wasting my time on stupid news sites reading stuff that has absolutely no bearing on my action or in my control, stressing about things I would never care about. Even if I did, there'd be nothing I could do about those, it's just a waste of emotional energy and time, but it's hard to convince yourself of that when you think things are Bad and you need to absolutely hype yourself so you're on top of them. That's how the cycle goes, and it starts with a bad sleeping cycle almost every time. It's insane, it's simple. Yet I fall into the trap every time I'm home or out of my daily routine.

Also need to figure out what I'll be doing in my 24-hour journey to Sg. As they say, it's going to be uhmm litt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.