Writing and Quincy fun [Saturday 4]

Writing this at 3pm of the next day because I was too tired and stoned to do it last night. The major events that happened in reverse chronological order, here we go.

After the dinner, things started slowing down. We were watching Stree but people slowly started filtering away, I was at bed by 1am. Sound asleep by what was probably 1.30.

After a small amount of prasad-taking, went back inside, caught people up on what was happening in Nepal, watched a bunch of things in the tv until PB suggested we watch Stree. It was an alright movie that blew my mind on several occasions, mostly due to its cavalier attitude towards description of mastuebation and sex work as a profession. While the quips were alright, there wasn't too much substance or content to the story, which was a bummer since the movie was almost three hours....the comedy scenes were not enough to carry it throughout. Still we persevered.

Had dinner of quinoa rajma and soy maseuraa and talked about PBs upcoming move, sbks near-future plans to resettle, and whatever I had cooked up in terms of vague ideas about what I wanted to do soon. Watched the football game between the pats and Tennessee because sbk was watching it to find the pats lose due to some stupid technicality which basically allowed the other team to waste as much time as they could.

Arrived in Quincy household at fifteen past eight, caught up quickly with folks, unpacked the gifts of veggies I'd brought along. The gang was the regular Quincy group, with one of the brother's friends over too. Sbk wanted to do an all-nighter in the evening but pb and I resisted the idea right from start due to the impracticability of it.

Got up at 7 am, finally out of bed at 8.30, called PA to catch up and for advice ahem for the existing situation. Unexpectedly ended up talking to her for four almost five hours which even for me is a really long time on the phone. I'm glad I still have people I can spent so long on the phone with. I'm not sure if the advice was useful but the conversation was solid. Had three eggs for brunch at 2.30 ish spent a couple of hours getting caught up on the backlog of posts, took a shower and was ready to roll.

The day was great I'm pretty much back to my regular schedule besides the reading and writing letters. If I can write four extra posts today (not an impossible task) and get the letter writing done (for just the weekend or maybe the entire week?) I'll be caught up with that. Haven't done the sit-ups in a while but I'm glad my pushup ability is not compromised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.