Either I overestimate myself, or I'm lazy with the writing

 So I borrowed this book, a collection of stories themed around 'kink' on the first week of july, yes some of these posts are backdated by a week. The journals by a month, at this point, lol. And some of the stories ooof so bad, I had to check and wonder if the writers were...like...awake while writing. The characters are flat and annoying, there's basically no conflict, you hate everybody and it's a slog to read through. Also there's no...sexytimes, as promised, not a hint of the kink, unless you count boring unpassionate painful, unclear description of sex, as being kinky?

And I'm thinking to myself, maaan I could outdo that. Which can mean two things. Either I really overestimate myself, which is, to be fair, the likely option. Or, that maybe I CAN write all of the shit I claim to be able to, and just don't 'apply' myself and never put myself out there. Which is, like, I don't know, how is that any better than lacking in talent? Worse in some ways I'd say even.

Such bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.