I started doing something small for my 'rituals' thing

 Y'all know how I've been saying all this time that I want to get serious about discipline and getting my shit together yadda yadda yadda. I read this nice long article in psyche magazine about rituals and reverence -- the inspiration behind me deciding I wouldn't make a big deal about not writing here because it wasn't reverent to the process -- and now I'm doing a couple of small things to bring change. Like, no phone in the toilet, ever ever. Even if I take it and use it, I remember immediately and put it away. Or like a small worship early in the morning. Right after brushing. Which means I have to brush the first thing in the morning. Or no laptop on the lap while at work table. I thought maybe no laptop in the bedroom too, but I'm breaking that rule currently to write all these posts. Will go back to normalcy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.