I really hope I can travel internationally later this year, ugh

This is going to be the last non-journal post for June, as I write this nine days into July. I'm going to be a lot more respectful of posting schedule, and my readers, and the art of writing. But until I get there I have to fix this mechanical issue of meeting the numbers, and numbers don't lie people, if the plan wants 90+30 posts for a 30-day month, that's what we'll have to give it.

The situation is this: I wanted to go to Nepal over the summer but that didn't happen, for one reason that the airlines prices are incredibly high. Now I want to go there in early to mid fall but that might not happen either because of well, my visa expiration, and also Dashain prices are going to be insane. And then in November/December when my status is going to be in a good place, apparently the flights are going to be as pricey as they're ever been in recent memory. Qatar airways does four flights a day to Kathmandu, they'll take it down to a single daily flight because of the World Cup, they'll apparently be taking their planes to more profitable routes. Which means Nov/Dec might not work out either. What a bummer.

I also want to be in the Netherlands and the UK, possibly Germany and the rest of Europe, mostly to see friends and family, and hopefully the tickets will be cheaper than to Nepal, but with the war and the situation in Germany with fuel prices and no fuel situation, it might all be...not great. It's sad, for the first time ever pretty much, I want to travel internationally and that's exactly when it's pretty much impossible for me to travel. Like the entire effing universe is conspiring to thwart me. Eff this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.