Must remember: live life in the moment, don't fret about the future

 A couple of factors coincided to freak me out and give me a minor panic attack earlier today. The first is the whole bullshit situation I've been dealing with in recent weeks on which I've written thousands of words. That's already making me question why I'm in Seattle to begin with, and how I'm in the exact place in life I was a year and half ago, except different place geographically. Second, friends and family have been doing quite well, Sb's visa situation worked out quite well today, other cousins are dating seriously and about to get married etcetera, close friends have bought houses, folks are looking into vacation homes etcetera. So I was worried about my past as well as my future, and wondering what the fuck I was doing, and where I was going to in life and ohh what a terrible series of decisions I've made in life. Plus I stopped doing that one goddamn thing I was doing on the reg, the writing. It was too much, all of that at the same time in my tiny stupid mind. It had to be let out so I gave a couple of loud frustrated screams, the regularity of which has been increasing in recent weeks unfortunately. Fortunately for me, the neighbors are never around during the day so they don't complain.

And then I reminded myself. Don't worry. About the past. Or the future. There lies dragons. Chill. Relax. Stop living outside your head. Live. In. The.Moment.

Live. In. The. Moment.

It's not about where you go, it's how you get there. The journey is the destination. There's no place we're rushing to get to. Savor each moment as it comes. Live. Love. Laugh. And if you gotta puke at meaningless phrases, go to the toilet please, the kithchen sink's gonna get clogged up also it'll stink up the entire place thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.