Fermentation restart

 It was only yesterday (and technically back-datewise, today) when I wrote that I hadn't been doing my fermentation projects in a while. Well that changed earlier today and I just started a new batch of kombucha, two different batches of milk kefir (one starter that I'd saved in the fridge for a while and another that was my 'to-go' starter) and two batches of water kefir. With water kefir, one batch involved adding sugar-water to existing kefir with few (if any grains) and the shitty powdered sugar that I had left. It might turn out to be awful, which is why I put the bubbler on it. The other one is regular sugar with regular water grains, but no bubbler. Might take some time, but whatever. Still have a few empty jars left, gotta figure out what to do with those. At least this time around I've labeled the dates, and the 'plan' with the batches, so I can have some sort of control. Should probably remove the powdered flour from the sugar mixture at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.