My bullshit plan to write a poetry collection remains that: bullshit

 So when I was in Colorado, I came up with an idea. Or was it when I was writing on this blog one of those days? Who cares, either way it's a great idea and if I could properly execute it I'd be one of the leading poets of the Valley not joking and everybody would love me and respect me and give me the goddamn respect my parents have always thought that I deserved. But like it's so hard, and I'm a lazy bum and writing dozens and DOZENS of poems, on a general theme seems hard, specially for somebody like me.

The idea is this: write a poem (or various poems) about very specific places in Kathmandu, painting a portrait of the city through those various places and my experience in them. Like you know, the handholdings, makeouts, chillouts, moviewatching, drinkings, latenight work etcetera. I think it'd give outsiders a much better look into what the city's like.

But like can I ever? FIFTY poems. Or a HUNDRED, is a lot. On one topic. And I dunno if I've been to that many places to begin with. Plus my life in Kathmandu's been boring generally speaking. Hmm maybe I should go there and make it more interesting. Then maybe I can write that poetry anthology. Maybe. Maybe.

Man, I'd like to be a talented human being appreciated by other people in ONE GODDAMN field!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.