3D-Printing and ceramics: how to use

I've been writing about wanting a 3d printer for years. And honestly, the time hasn't been right, the technology is just about getting to the point where owning one of those devices is like getting a consumer appliance, one doesn't need to make a hobby out of it. After watching hella lotta youtube videos on 3d printering, I've come to the understanding we're about a year away from highly advanced affordable machines that won't need much repairing and taking care of.

Oh and I've also written about taking ceramics courses. I've missed the Jan quarter once again, which is fine. The reason I'm writing this post is, some people on youtube have perfected the technique of using 3d printed molds to cast ceramics pots and dishes, and those molds can be reusable too. So that would be a great way to combine two of my hobbies without extensive pottery hardware like wheels. Plus, the potential of the ability to cast custom items in clay like dip casting without the need for extra expertise opens up so many future opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.