More on website and personal brand plans

So I had a long conversation with friend N the other day. He has this really fancy personal website that looks great, and it's clear he has invested a lot of resources into making it look premium with committed high-quality content. He has like seven articles in there and they all show a refined and highly professional side of him. He told me how his grad school staff had commented on the highly professional nature of the website.

That got me thinking. I remember being told one of the reasons I was admitted into my college was due to my blog. And all the advice I've seen online talks about leveraging online content, mostly high-quality written material, into interview offers and job offers and the like. Which means, uh oh, it's that time for me! I've written in recent weeks about making professional writing time at work, updating my resume, and updating my personal website. Now I am thinking I could combine them all, yum yum yum!

That's the next goal for me personally after completing project 100. That initiative will go on for a bit longer than I want... up to the first two weeks of the next year. That's fine, after that comes the content revamp initiative, and then the novel writing initiative.

I would very much like to reduce the number of posts on this blog to a more reasonable daily number after the Numbers for this year look good. Then I can invest the saved time into those projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.