A matter of some concern

It is a matter of some concern, not too much, not yet, that it's possible I might have to compromise
On what I want out of life, something that matters,
in a very fundamental way, and I'm not ready.
It is worth at least a little worry, that
I don't want my life to be run by diktat of others,
and I have hope, dreams and desires of my own
I am not, never been, an empty canvas ready to be drawn, Instead I dream, aspire, fantasize, about shaping the world In an image, and aspirations, of my very own.
I don't intend to become a marionette, of others 'desires, nay, no money shall be spent where I prefer it didn't An artistic, rebellious fire burns, and it trumps all ordinary fires of social expectations and rules and laws,
Because I'm not asking for much, I'm no rebel, not really! All I ask, is the permission, to be me.
And live for myself, for my giving tree.
A prometheus I am not, not even for humanity do I fight this is not a battle call, only a meek request to do things right Leave me to my desires and expectations and the way of the world No wasteful spendings, no pressured bloomings, no rushed meetings I just ask for a simple thing
To be able to live life at my pace, in my own terms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.