All 12 therapist sessions used this year!

Oh I hadn't used my free therapist sessions in years, let alone exhaust them. The last time I'd used the benefit from my job, I got 10 sessions max. They changed the benefit since and now we get 12 free sessions bet have to use this other app thing instead but that doesn't matter for me since my therapist does all the scheduling, [ last join the calls. And so in a matter of six months I have succeeded in burning through 12 meets. My final one for the year's on the 29ᵗʰ.

On the one hand I feel great about squeezing value from an underused benefit, and on the other I am benefitting from the therapy services themselves. If nothing else they help me organise my thoughts better and make me more comfortable talking about my emotions. But I'm definitely gaining a lot more than that, we've started working on specific issues, which is a new experience in this dynamic for me. My issues are generalized anxiety, lack of ability to confront, and there's something about the work thing as well, unclear what that is. We're working on it!

Here's to many more years of leveraging work benefits to greater personal wellbeing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.