Lattey and potato achar... review of sorts

At some point last week PN made us a Nepali dish I hadn't had before - latley and aluachar. Lattey is a lot like dhakani except it's cooked in water, it's supposed to maintain the grainy structure of rice, and uses about the same amount of sugar. It's closer to dry pudding than dhido for sure. The achar was spicy and sour as heck and out through the fat and sugar of Lattey strongly enough.

I wouldn't eat the dish on a daily rota, not even monthly, but eating once or twice in a year during the festivals time would be a treat, specially if one's lifestyle was fit to burn the fats and sugars in it pretty quick. I wouldn't dare making it all on my own, and this would be the ideal dish for big parties where I wouldn't have to eat the leftovers.

9 out of 10 as occasional festival food, would definitely eat again, though probably not make any!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.