'Move' says no movement equals no creativity

This is as obvious a message as it gets and I don't need a book to tell me it really but this was a nice reminder. So the other day I was reading this book called 'More', and it talks about how physical motion, workout, walks and sensory triggers cause increased creativity, inspiration, and perseverance. In other words, you would be hand-pressed to find a successful thinker or creator, let alone somebody in a creative field, who can create inspired pieces while holed up completely inside one's room. Physical movement, workouts, walks, runs, and being out and about in the natural world are as much 'mental' exercises as they are physical, if not more so.

The lesson for me is that compromising physical workouts and walks in favor of writing is a bit silly as the two are related like nail and Shin. One cannot do the latter without the former. Another impact of that is, I'll have to increase my physical activity when I'm traveling away from home if I want to keep up my intellectual output. Good stuff, great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.