Vermicelli noodles are not all bad and deserve a second chance, a new arrow in my cooking quiver

I was done with vermicelli noodles. As sebai in Nepal, the only way I had hard it was as pudding: overly buttery soggy and farfar too sweet. Always overwhelming, way too much work. Slightly stressful. It would never ever be something I cooked with. I never picked the noodles at the Asian stores I saw.

Then ED cooked it. Broken, with rice, some butter, and then heated/toasted on the pan to make it slightly crispy. A fried rice and noodles combo. It was really really good, surprisingly so! I'd considered the field of fried rice to be boring and fully explored but no, here was a novelty that was able to pleasantly surprise me. Brilliant!

What's this mean for me? I'll start buying it from the Viet places I shop at, make fried rice crisped with it, maybe even make yummy noodles out of it. Yeah it's still rice, gotta check the intake, but this puts a new spin on the boring old rice-eating.

Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.