First supervised batch of veggie mono!

We made momos yesterday and I was responsible for the meaty mix for vegetable. Truth be told I've never been a big fan of moms and had never before done the supervision of the mo mo mix. Because it's hard for veg, you need to get the texture and taste right. Besides that, it's a matter of wrapping, which everybody gets the worker drones aka guests to do, the steaming which needs minimal effort, and the mo mo achaar, that takes like five minutes to assemble and finish.

Guys I might actually start making memos on my own! I used to be quite impressed at DN for being in-and-Out with the mono cooking process in less than an hour but now I'm thinking if I plan it right, that seems quite achievable! Only thing is to defrost the wraps in advanced, a bit like soaking beans.
Right on, the recipe.

Nutrilla or soy chunks, hydrated in hot water and squeezed. Same amount of dried mushrooms done the same way. Use the water to cook rice, or veggie soup. Dice them. Add mustard greens, cabbage, onion, ginger and bell pepper all minced. Add oil, salt, and mo mo spice mix. That's it. maybe hard tofu or a bit of potato?

Cook the veggie mix in very hot pot for a short time( before adding the spice and aromatics).

The momos can be frozen indefinitely, and the achaar can be whipped up in a jiffy. It's tasty, cheap, healthy and not super hard to make.

Maybe I might become a mono-making convert?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.