I hope I didn't overfeed PN's worms

It's unclear to me how well PN's earthworms, from the bin and colony that I gifted about six months ago, are doing. On the one hand, it appears they haven't been feeding the bin, or remembering to look at it all that often. On the other hand, when we went in the other day to clean out the liquids and add more food for the worms, there were quite a few of the wriggles that we found writhing around.

In any case, I fed them a bunch the other day. Couple of slices of bread, some herbs, some brewed coffee beans, veggies I spent 30 mins chopping, bedding material, and other leftover material that would have gone to the trash bin otherwise. It's possible I overfed them because that bin is full. now, possibly the added pressure and humidity might make things uncomfortable. I found couple of worms on the bin below, maybe because of the bad environment I created?

The hope is the abundance of food causes the worms to reproduce aggressively and the next time In here, we can divide the worms into couple of more bins. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.