Woodland Dosa: A review

This was a trip to the Dosa restaurant-a thoroughly Vaishnav one at that in its menu, decorations, music and possibly staffing- called woodland. The review itself will be disappointingly shallow as all 3 of us-P N and myself-ordered the same dish, the Spring dosa. In short, this will be a review of the restaurant and one of their dishes.

The dish first. Let's cut the story and get to the gist-this was as good a dosa as it's ever going to get. I've had dos as in South India and it got pretty close. Rich. Spicy veggies. Yummy coconut chutney. Not a thing I could complain about. As good as it gets. Nine and one quarters out of ten.

The service was decent, they serve water in small water bottles for which you don't pay unlike in Nepal.

This was interes­ting, first time I ever saw something like that in the US. They took away the mango lassi N was drinking after we were done but ah well.

The prices were quite reasonable, the music highly decent, the vibe quiet, service time was reasonable.
wine out of ten stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.