Return from Quincy [Sunday 5]

Got up at 8am, kept dozing off until 10. I was in Quincy at Sbk's place. Started watching and finished 3 episodes of the new Netflix show The Circle which is so so so stupid and annoying literally portends the demise of 'western civilization' and yet is quite addictive tbqh. Sbk was cooking meanwhile so I chopped the onions. Onion chopping impressed everyone, I was proud. Had noodles eggs and mushrooms for brunch, the mushrooms tasted really good almost like meat need to find from sbk what kinda mushrooms they were. Had whipped cream on toast (along with other additives) it's not the worst idea in the world. Hung around chilled and generally got people caught up on everything. Since pb is leaving Boston in 10 days, and sbk is leaving the US in six months, talked to them about future plans, what the Boston gang is gonna be like, how everyone's leaving the place and how it's all gonna suck going forward. This are intense times, the old gang is disintegrating one couple one person at a time and there aren't enough new people coming in to replenish them. And the people that have come in are...too intimidating and cool and I need to shut up about this honestly what's wrong with me.

Sbk drove me to the North Quincy stop where I took the Red Line home. Got two, maybe three posts written up during the commute which helped me a lot to get caught up with the posts. After coming back I wrote more and more posts and now I"m completely caught up with the intense 5-post schedule. It's really really unsustainable for non-commute days I really need to do something about it but I've gotten in the habit and it's a little difficult to stop now since it's almost a month now. Still, it's really demanding for days when I miss out on them. I guess that should be a good reason to not miss out on them and write just some bs to get the post count up but Idk that doesn't feel right. In any case, today was pretty much a perfect day in terms of following rules and everything, I did the workouts the walks and everything...Everything worked perfectly besides the compliments and the postcards...I'll maybe try to catch up on them tomorrow, and if I write 7/8 postcards tomorrow, I'll be an outrageously happy man. Even if I write a lot fewer I'll be quite happy.

Speaking of which apparently the postcards that I thought hadn't made to people had actually reached them and people have been receiving them and responding positively to them so it's exciting times. I've been considering putting rather interesting and lame things on postcards as a personal experiment of sorts, though roommate PK has suggested it would work against my interests. His appraisal may not be a hundred percent accurate but there's enough substance there to make me want to reconsider my options.

Later in the evening semi-roommate I showed up and the house gang with AL was back to the clique, they watched a couple of movies and then Kim's Convenience while I labored over catching up with everything. Had hummus and carrots for dinner because for some reason the brunch was still hanging around. It's ten past twelve and I can still feel the brunch inside me which is a minor concern actually. Later in the evening friend-of-the-house ND showed up, had a short conversation with her before reading the Genghis Khan book, doing the workouts, cleaning up and now here I am back in my old form ready to rule the world so to speak. Oh man once I'm good with the postcards and the compliments, I'll have recovered back into my regular schedule in a matter of 3/4 days, which I think is a new record for me. If I can shorten this period, and lengthen the period I maintain my schedule despite being in highly-social environments, I can consider calling myself a 'creative individual'. Until them, I'm only a fakey.

Oh also talked to AKS from Seattle. Will be meeting him in Sg. Things are going well with him, lots to catch up on in Sg maybe we'll go on a night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.