On Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, and choosing a teacher

Long live Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, the author of  Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, has died. May his memory live until the last of humans live in this existence, and in that way, may he me immortal.

For the past several weeks and months, possibly years, I have been searching for a Philosophical and spiritual guide, somebody to help me throw the cobweb of confusion and choice. Now that I don't have to be anywhere, my days are unstructured confusing and all-over-the-place. Sad and pathetic, that's what it is. And with so many options to choose the direction of one's spiritual and philosophical principles towards, it was getting confusing. The paradox of choice: the more choices you have, the poorer you are at making them because you find them overwhelming.

I've talked about the book and the guy in the past, possibly, I don't remember, but this is it. That is going to be by holy book, the tome by whose words I shall live by life by for the foreseeable future. Because in life it doesn't matter -- unless you really really fuck things up, or have a really bad starting hand to play with -- what direction you take, everybody ends up in a similar place either way. It's just the fact that you have to choose, take the first step, and be confident in your way that matters. Somebody lost but way ahead is not particularly ahead compared to somebody just starting out but clear in the direction they want to go, even if the way is rather long and unconventional. And this way is clearly not it. Living by the book, that'll be my goal from here onwards.

I have chosen my teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.