Nothing like Nashville

More posts on Nashville incoming, but I've been gone for a week or so, this time not necessarily due to my laziness or rejection to doing anything productive or good for my future but because I was legitimately busy tired drunk high and generally having fun. Most of which I don't remember very clearly, but that's the topic of a different post, several others, actually. For this one I want to talk about the Broadway in Nashville and really how there's nothing else like it.

The first night we were out and about in Nashville it was probably the busiest night of the year. Two big sporting games happening in the same day, plus halloween, plus the weekend, and it was bound to be explosive. And yeah, it was quite.

But that's not even the most amazing part.

Even on a Monday morning of a very regular weekday when nothing else is happening, the streets are bustling, loud music is playing, country and rock music is being played in the bars loud. It's popping, so goddamn much. It's wild, I've not seen anything like that anywhere else, not even in NOLA, most definitely not in Vegas, which has a very different kind of vibe.

And now I can see why Nashville is the bachelor/ette party destination. It's not 'otherwise' busy like NOLA, it's not gaudy and headachingly busy yet so pathetic with its faux wealth like vegas There's something authentic and 'real' about Nashville, like it's not sold out yet, like there's a real soul that you can see through, the lines of people ready to make friends and talk and giggle around, the older folks just dancing around having fun, without being hypnotized by outrageous wealth and glam, just hoppin' to the music makes your heart full.

There is no other place like Nashville, for reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.