Busride to work, meeting coworkers, the future, donuts and cookies and hot choco, meeting new people, happy hour and friends, gloomy night, blacked out early [Tue 26]

In the morning worked for a few hours from home, super productive day by the way, and then took the bus to work, it was a free public transport day apparently.

It was so good to see so many coworkers at the same place, meeting, talking, working on the white boards and having standup. Reminded me what it felt to work at a real workplace, what having coworkers is, what human contact is, and oh god how dearly I miss all of it, I want it all back, so so hard. Remote work is great when you're feeling lazy but not so nice when you miss human interaction and voice of another person to talk to and tease and generally have a good time. So much knowledge is siloed this way. Ugh, wish there was an easier way. I think for my next job I'll find a place that requires at least a few days of mandated office days because the current way isn't really working out for me. I think that's going to be future of working, IRL working.

Had a couple of donuts, dipped into hot chocolate, yum yum what a life what a life, such luxury. Also had a massive cookie from the sandwich place, unfortunately nobody brought a veggie sandwich so I mostly had sugar during the course of the day, this is going to be important later.

After work (aka 2PM) we headed up to Optimish brewery near where I live, again on the 'free' bus. Talked to a bunch of people, discovered couple of them I shared so many things with including Arabic courses, and going to the same college back in the day. Ordered a sampler which was 6 beers of 4oz and all the sours were so good, the IPA I didn't enjoy so much. Got a second round of beer, 16 ounces probably, which meant I was on 3, 3.25 beers. Enough to be annoying, but it was time to leave, and all the coworkers went out to get dinner or whatever, I didn't feel like it so I returned home.

On the way up I saw the cute neighbor from downstairs inviting her friend with child over, it was cute, also the first time a child was seen in my apartment. Did some pretty stupid things, cried a bunch and bawled by eyes out for no good reason other than being drunk. Blacked out early by 6/6.15. I gotta stop making stupid decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.