I should start writing novels again

I was doing so well until early 2021, got like 10 different novel threads going, planning, character development, snowflake method, nanowrimo all of that, and then with the disruptions of covid plus the move to seattle plus general stress it stopped, what a massive bummer. I should go back to paying attention to those novel threads I'd developed, continue working on them and finish at least one. It's been said in the past in these pages, one is not above self-publishing or what is called vanity publishing, if that 2k usd is the sign of utmost vanity let it be, don't care, also if a hundred copies are sold sixty percent of that is going to be made back anyway, so not a big loss. Will I be able to make back that money? Why am I even thinking of the money right now, it's about the passion and the sense of accomplishment and purpose of finally having published something, of self-validation and hopefully social validation but that comes later, what's important is that I start feeling like I'm not a lost cause that all my dreams desires and hopes were not completely and totally compromised for a lifestyle I don't care for.

That's it.

I'll start writing novels again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.