I have so many spices now

 Went to DK market with the girls the other day and now I have all the major Indian whole spices in my possession, which means I can toast them and ground them to make my own spice mix for all the dishes I want to make. Also it'll mean that the whole goddamn apartment won't smell like that one curry masala because thousands of years of South Asian cookery and it hasn't been an issue but MDH comes in and makes a concoction that everybody mistakes for history and culture and fucks things over. You gotta go back to the basics, understand what comprises a dish and the building blocks. That's what I'll be doing now. All I need now is jimbu, but you wouldn't have found that in an Indian grocery store, I'm told the Nepali store in Bellevue has it in sufficient supply. Next destination, Bellevue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.