Recovering from a terrible day and night

The heat of the July Sun,
Ain't no match
For how hot you are son,
Is what I tell myself
When I hit a rough patch.

I build myself, a stone at a time,
Brick and mortar, on and on,
And then a storm
Of just two fuckin drinks of beer
And everything is flung apart, torn
And in the tatters I cry in vain,
Tough to love yourself
Tough to self respect gain,
Not after you've blacked out
Confused and lost
Your timetable run afoul,
The plans you built running aground
All you remember
Is so many tears, all the time
Your voice gives away the next day
You sound like a hoarse mime
But I will get back,
You tell yourself
And walk it through
But can you really
Undo
What that deadly liquid
Has taken away from you?

And the most humiliating of all
Is the list of deleted contacts
In your contacts list tall
What happened there, was it a big fall
Or did you do a humiliating act?
How will you ever find out?

The solution is simple
Never to seek help of the bottle
Not even when
Your work is paying for all of it
Don't sample, don't chug
Love yourself, give you one big cuddly hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.