Surprising hotel breakfast, checkout, scenery, orchard plan, winthrop hang and lunch in the rain, diablo lake chill, the amazing reservoir and hydropower, failed Indian restaurant, dinner at Nara Chinese, latenight sandwich [Sun 3]

I got up early in the morning to not miss the hotel breakfast, which I wasn't expecting much from. It was surprisingly good actually, boiled egg, toast, fruit, juices, bagel, yogurt, the whole thing. There was some foxnews bs playing on the tv in the breakfast room and no way to change the channel so I unplugged the tv.

We checked out of the room an hour later than our supposed check-in time with no issues and drove our way to the lakes area. Unfortunately it started raining so we expected our plans to be muted. On our drive we saw the landscape past washington pass we'd missed the night before because it was too late, and it was a majestic desert, with so many orchards near it. The nepali brother from earlier had told me he owned a small orchard too that brought in some tens of thousands of dollars a year, and I considered buying an orchard in that area. Background income etcetera.

We stopped at Winthrop, the cute touristy town for lunch. I got the pesto sandwich that I'd been eating by myself forever. Mine was better. We explored the town a little bit but it wasn't as fun since it was cold gloomy and kinda still drizzling.

Our original plan was to boat at diablo lake, but due to rain we scuppered that plan. Instead we stopped at various scenic viewpoints, and stopped by Diablo lake reservoir and hydropower station. It produces 200MW of power for Seattle area, it's incredibly awesome. We spent about an hour by the lake, AKS jumped into the snowmelt water, almost had a heartattack in the cold water, AKS(y) walked across a small stream and almost lost his legs.

On the way back we tried to find a hotel to stay because nobody wanted to go back to Seattle, but after spending an hour-and-half parked at an RV park trying to get a room, we were unable to find any, so we drove back to Seattle, this would be the end of our trip.

We went into an Indian restaurant an hour away from Seattle to eat in because we were absolutely starving but they were only taking takeouts.

Ended up going to Nara Chinese restaurant, the classic American Chinese restaurant, it was a classic, and I thought it was great but in retrospect maybe it was the hunger and the highness that made me think that?

Got home at 11 at night, made myself a pesto sandwich before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.