Golfing, cancelled plans, daynap, library, longwalk, writing, weekend working [Sun 31]

 I write this on the very evening of the same day, minutes before the clock runs out. Of course by the time I hit the finish button this day will have technically finished but so what.

Despite going to bed very late, got up quite early and had trouble falling back asleep because I'm a morning person now. Also, I've spent an hour working between this sentence and the previous one, and it's 1am, I'm burning the midnight oil literally.

Got up in the morning at 6.30 despite going to bed at 2, couldn't go to sleep quickly, slept maybe an hour extra. Got up nicely at 8.30, got ready and texted BC at 8.55 ish, she came at about nine, picked me up and we went to the golf course. Where she taught be techniques and position, though she herself is not particularly good. Instead of just hitting the balls wildly I thought about my shots, which is a form of growth. One hopes. We used her golfclub set, which was fun, the people at the course know be now, and will present me with my order even before I ask for anything.

Returned home, took a nice long nap because I wasn't feeling very well. Two hours of solid nap. Read a bunch during that. Got ready to go shopping but the girls cancelled apparently and I didn't feel like being out and about in the sun, so cancelled the shopping plans and went to the library. Drank kefir for lunch, it was a lot of kefir yeah.

Read a bit, wrote a bunch in the library, didn't realize they closed at 5 on Sundays, headed to Volunteer Park and slept/napped on the grass once again while listening to podcasts.

Did my usual volunteer/interlaken rounds, with extra walk here and there, so got upto 20k steps.

Walked back, got dinner of fries at little big burger.

Came home, watered plants, wrote a bunch, and started working, because on workdays my work is not possible due to resource contention. Started working at 9, it's 1.10am and I'm still working because it takes a long time. Played a few miserable games of Age of Empires to I guess.

I should go to bed, really. Told the team I'm skipping all the meetings tomorrow because I'm doing all the work in the evening! The builds and deploys take forever though and it's super frustrating. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.