Going to buy my own vintage kombucha for premium price

Having discovered that my post of yore (by which I mean 2/2.5 years ago) used to be hella long and substantial, it's a little embarrassing now to be posting on topics that are way less substantial and lack in heft. But then there was a complete and total abandonment of writing anything non-personal, so one does run out of things to say about oneself, the depth and length of the personal posts is probably the first and the biggest victim of collapse of the blog into being a journal.

Regardless, we must move on, to ponder on every thought and consideration I've ever had, beyond the interesting and serious philosophical ones I have, because I'm too intimidated to write on them.

This is something that came up a couple of weeks ago and having thought about it a couple of times on separate occasions it makes total sense, this is my go-ahead plan when in Boston.

DBHD has a bottle of kombucha that I gifted him almost four years ago in his wine fridge, it was there two years ago and unless things changed considerably, I don't doubt it's still there. I will propose buying it back from him for a hundred bucks for the vintage batch of kombucha of my own making, and share it with the group, whatever it may be. It'll be only a few sips per person, but ohhh man imagine how sweet yet tangy and restrained in flavor it must have gotten over the years.

Age takes off the edge off everything, they say. It's true for rocks, it's true for people and it's very true for anything brewed. I imagine it's true for the batches of kombucha I brewed as well. I'm eager to find out what the outcome of this outstandingly long, and unintentional experiment, has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.