Incredibly productive day, walking records [Sat 30]

 I'm writing this the evening of the next day, and it's nice to realize that I'm not sending these things over a month. This was an exceedingly exciting day, an outrageously productive one at that. What a great honor to be writing about it.

First things first, I walked a total of 36.5 thousand steps during the day, which is a new record for me, since I started maintaining records. Second, it's a particularly big deal because it was not one of those hiking days or thru walking days, just another day in my life where I happened to walk a lot. Third, this was all despite the terrible weather. Fourth, this has come right at the perfect time, when everything else is on the motivated track, things are on the up and up.

Let's start!

Got up pretty early in the morning, changed, had a quick shower and went to CapHill stop, communicated with Sb so we were on the same train car. Walked from the UW station to the golfing range, and hit a couple dozen balls. I'm improving, and it's becoming more relaxing, loving the situation there.

Walked back to UW stop (already at a few thousand steps at this point), took the train back to CapHill, and SB wanted to get lunch and Bombay Burger, so did I, so we walked there. He bought me veggie burger, and we shared fries. Good meal, good talk, he went home, I went to the CapHill library, returned a couple of books, borrowed how to think like a freak book, spent a couple hours reading in the air conditioning. Talked to the boys in the chat throughout.

At about 2.30, walked to Sk's place, where AKS(e) was also hanging out. Drank a couple of fun sized cans of coke, talked, caught up and chilled generally this was a more fun hangout than we've been having in a while, because of the issues I've mentioned many times previously.

Then I went to Sb's place, where we played shuffle board, really competitive games, unsure if he's getting worse or I'm getting better but it was fun. Then we watched several really funny Peep Show episodes in his movie room. We had snacks and hot chocolate here. Stayed at his place until 6.30 ish, came back home, got rid of my backpack, and went on a nice long walk.

The walk was the usual volunteer-interlaken circuit, except I too a round or two extra of Volunteer while waiting for Aks(y) who also wanted to come walking. We spent some time listening to the violin performance in the park, then walked home together. I was already at 30k steps at this point.

Back home I made my classic taco dinner, then wrote a bunch, got ready for the night out, and headed to Sk's place, obviously on foot as well.

We left his place at 11.10 ish, and went to Barboza which had just ended their show, so we went in for free and danced a bunch. I should really get over my anxiety of dancing and talking to girls at the dance floor. We danced for like two hours, I was tired and returned home, the boys (aks, sk and sb) went to Havana to dance more.

Back home I chatted a bunch with IA whose birthday is coming soon, and went to sleep pretty late, late because I'd be going to golf again the next morning and should have slept on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.