The good news is I'm training, the bad news is my legs hurt like hellll

As I wrote yesterday, I did 36k steps, 14.5 ish miles, read a lot and was generally exxtra productive. But now my legs hurt like helll. And by legs I mean my thighs. Which you could interpret as good news, because knee pains are much worse, and that phase is done, suggesting either that knees have trained to walk a lot or that it was a random scenario that I'll never encounter again. 

The idea is to do a solid amount of walking today, and possibly for ever from now on, but the thigh situation may be an impediment there. What I am excited about is the possibility of doing 30k steps daily, what if it was just 3 hours of daily walking that could get me there, and then 2.5 hours, and finally 2 hours eventually when I get my pace to fast to quick? The legs wouldn't hurt anymore, 2 hours is not awful, and man what an exercise that be! Okay so after doing a quick search of the interwebs  I see that doing 13 miles in 2 hours would be...pretty challenging, considering an average person does 3-4 miles, I'd have to be doing almost twice of that, and while the training has gotten me to become a faster walker than your average person, setting up such aggressive goals would be setting oneself for disappointment. Guess I could walk for an hour in the morning and two in the evening, that could work. Still, 30k steps, every day or so, what a wonderful prospect, and a 50k walk every day, my senses tingle at the mere possibility. For reference, 10k is 5 miles, so 50k would be about uh 25 miles, at the average rate of lets say you know five miles an hour, that's still ten hours.With a planned 20% improvement I could get it down to 8 hours, but man that's like 6am-10am and 5pm-9pm on the weeks. Which is not too bad, truth be told, walking with friends or podcasts is fun, but it is intimidating, a little bit.

And I do wonder, if this sort of semi-casual walking is good training for the PCT, or if there needs to be more targeted training done. Huhmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.